joi, 6 decembrie 2007

Week 15....Final Countdown!

Laura...Dr M or Dr E? :) It's funny how all our classes start to blend together like some melty ball of crayons...I would really like to spend time coloring because that would mean I don't have anything else to do which is not the case right now...Can anyone empathize?

I had a good time playing The Game with my fellow 3s!. It was interesting to listen to everyone's different take on why one option is better than another. I must admit I felt a little dejected when Dr E thought we were copping out by trying to hire someone to do the evaluation for us...Um, now that I write this it does kind of sound like copping out, but I haven't had evil 666 yet!

It is interesting to note how certain things we learn permeate into other classes...e.g. Laura using segmentation in her mock thesis defense yesterday and a group working two different theories as well as segmentation into their HSA presentation today.

Dr. E also made me realize how I need to organize and put into words what I am good at, i.e. what I can do for an employer or organization. Usually I just think of it in terms of what I like to do and will it pay the bills and do I have to dress up every day. Now I need to grow up a bit and actually use the tools I have gathered from my time in school, work and internships to promote what I can bring to a job...As I am starting a mini-job hunt it is overwhelming, yet exciting to see how many different jobs are out there in health communication and in the general public health field.

Oh, and I promise to read the newspaper every single day during the break--especially the editorials as they are a hoot-and-a-half in Utah!

Good luck next week!

Niciun comentariu: