vineri, 5 octombrie 2007

What does the N on the helmet stand for? "Nowledge"

I must confess, I went a little nuts with the PRIZM website! It's amazing what you can find to do when you don't want to work on your thesis! I have lived in 4 different areas of the world which have stereotypes attached: Nebraska, Utah, Moldova (Russia) and now California. I guess everywhere has it's stereotypes, but anyway... There were no zipcodes for my Draguseni, Moldova, but I still got a kick out of the differing results from western NE to eastern NE and northern UT versus southern UT. Although I would find this quite useful in learning about my target audience, I wouldn't put my entire energy in this method--similar to astrological signs and Cosmo surveys :), PRIZM only gets a certain part of the person. As with any stereotype, there is always exceptions to the rule--more often than not (but yes, I have shucked corn, had many a hay rack ride, say "howdy" and "tuckered" and LOVE the Cornhuskers...however, I didn't milk my first cow until I was in Moldova.)
The VALS survey reminded me of a certain personality test that my boss ADORES--can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but you end up with four letters such as ESFJ or something of the sort. I have taken it about six times now at staff meetings--a little annoying but not as bad as the MMPI--sheesh!
Group project--yeah, kind of stressing me out as we are having some slight difficulties in reaching our target audience. Also, it seems that the majority of kids already walk to Montgomery Middle School. Hmmmm....
On my blog (or in a couple hours) will be the links to follow fellow grad students Lindsay Amberg and Kristin McGinley as they run their first marathons in Portland and Chicago, respectively. You can track them at various kilometer marks throughout the course! Good luck guys!!! I am proud of you!!!

Niciun comentariu: