luni, 10 septembrie 2007

Will This Ever Be Reality in America?

Howdy! When you get a second, please watch this 7-ish minute video called, "A Fat Rant." http://youtube.com/watch?v=yUTJQIBI1oA I'm sure many of you have seen this clip before, but the first time I saw it was in a group called "Body Image Psychoeducation" at UCSD's Intensive Outpatient Program for eating disorders this past summer. Our reactions were mixed--ranging from "Gosh, that's empowering!" to "She has a lot of nerve to make this video." While I got a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart that there are people out there who accept themselves and all bodies of all sizes, my realistic (though pessimistic) view is that, sadly, this kind of all encompassing acceptance will probably never exist in America, and well, that kinda sucks. My question to you all: do you think our society will ever fall in step with Joy Nash's "ranting?" As I am currently in the library I can watch, though I can't hear, the multiple clips posted in response to "A Fat Rant." I shall watch them later to see what those folks think (who are more technologically-advanced than I). I realize that my fellow IOP-ers and I have a slightly skewed vision of body image, so I am curious to hear comments from people "on the other side."

3 comentarii:

SDSU - Laura spunea...

I posted a picture of Paul Newman just for you on my blog ;)

SDSU - Laura spunea...
Acest comentariu a fost eliminat de autor.
Jamie spunea...

I heart you! Look at us, both blogging at work... Anyways loved the fat rant video. Very, very interesting!!